Gold Stag Accounts Client Portal: Ahead of GDPR in May 2018, sending documents by email is not seen as a secure method, therefore, we are now using the services of a secure document sharing facility. Security & GDPR.
Gold Stag Accounts Ltd is registered with the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) in relation to handling confidential data.
What is GDPR?
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) proposed by the European Commission will strengthen and unify data protection for individuals within the European Union (EU), whilst addressing the export of personal data outside the EU.
This is taken from the portal provider:
- Accountancy Manager is always SSL secured, meaning that your data is encrypted at all levels of data exchange.
- We utilise CloudFlare for DNS and DDOS protection.
- We automatically backup our databases multiple times per day.
- Our systems failover to additional servers, to minimise downtime in case of server issues.
- Our powerful servers are currently in a secure ISO 27001 certified low-latency data centre in London. The data centre has 24/7 on-site security, multiple diverse incoming power feeds and VESDA installed throughout.
- Users are automatically logged out of the system if inactive for over 6 hours.
- We offer two factor authentication – similar technique as banks (required to enter one time code on each login). Means that even if someone knows your password, they still won’t be able to login.
- Our terms state that we will not sell any data to third parties.
- Cyber Essentials certified – we’ve been audited by ISAME (one of 5 accreditation bodies for assessing and certifying against the Government’s Cyber Essentials Scheme).
- We are currently undergoing an audit from our solicitors to ensure that we are fully compliant with GDPR (if not already).
Sign up for news, offers and free advice
Did you know?
You have until 31st January 2020 to file your 2018/19 tax return if filed online. Paper returns are due by 31st October 2019. The tax year runs from 6th April - 5th April.
- My Tweets