This morning (Tuesday 9th July 2019), I decided to take a day trip from our sunny office in Bishop’s Stortford to The Hilton Garden Inn, Luton North in order to enhance my FreeAgent skills and functionality at the FreeAgent masterclass.
When I arrived after my one hour fifteen minute journey, I was greeted by the friendly FreeAgent team who pointed out where the most important thing was – coffee!
The masterclass is designed to ensure that you are processing client work as efficiently and productively as possible. If you are a fellow accountant or bookkeeper, I would definitely recommend booking into your nearest offering.
These are the topics on the agenda were:
- Which clients best suit FreeAgent and how to transfer existing FreeAgent accounts to your dashboard
- Inputting opening balances
- Accounting for invoices, bills and credit notes
- How to change the current VAT scheme, adjust a return after it’s been filed and prepare for Making Tax Digital
- Open Banking how will that affect you?
- Out of pocket expenses, mileage, and journals to and from expense accounts
- Accounting features including Corporation Tax, Reports, Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, custom date ranges, year end, final accounts processing and locking accounts
- Setting up Hire Purchases and Loans
- How to fully account for IR35
- Recent software developments you may have missed
- The FreeAgent Mobile app for IOS and Android
The three FreeAgent staff explained the various topics very well and I have certainly come away with food for thought on how to implement the above.
After a short coffee break it was time to take the ‘Roadshow Advanced Exam’
I was delighted to receive a 100% pass mark and a special round of applause for my efforts!
We were presented with fancy jiffy bags when we left.
Which contained a certificate in a nice shiny silver frame – would have been better in Gold obviously but beggars can’t be choosers!
So there we have it! I’m now a ‘FreeAgent Expert Practitioner’ which basically means I know my way around FreeAgent.