It can make sense financially for directors of personal and family companies to borrow money from the company rather than from a commercial lender. Depending on when in the financial year the loan is taken out, it is possible to borrow up to £10,000 for up to 21 months without any tax consequences. However, if…
November 14, 2019 Gold Stag Accounts
- Relief for trading losses
- Should an LLP partner be treated as a salaried partner?
- Gift cards and the trivial benefits exemption
- Using your car in your property rental business
- Grounds and gardens for SDLT
- Joint tenants v tenants in common – Does it matter?
- Employer-funded scholarships
- Weighing up LLPs
- Tax relief on business-related loans
- Directors’ loans – Beware of ‘bed and breakfasting’
Sign up for news, offers and free advice
Did you know?
Running a business from your home? Part of your household running costs can be used against your profits and lower your tax bill. When you use us we ensure you are claiming all you can.
- My Tweets