The self-assessment deadline is looming. Self-assessment tax returns for the year to 5 April 2019 must be filed online by 31 January 2020 if a late filing penalty is to be avoided.Landlords will need to complete the property income pages. Particular care should be taken where the landlord has a loan or a mortgage as…
Landlords will often use their car for the purposes of their property rental business. Where they do so, they are able to claim a deduction for the costs that they incur. Using mileage rates Where a landlord uses their car for business purposes, the easiest way to work out the amount that can be deducted…
- Chancellor extends furlough scheme until October
- Should I buy a rental property through a limited company?
- Calculating taxable profits using the cash basis
- Deferring your state pension
- Self-employed invited to get ready to make their claims for coronavirus (COVID-19) support
- VAT is scrapped for digital publications
- New 100% government backed loan scheme for small businesses
- Changing a will after death
- Annual investment allowances
- Take advantage of interest-free loans
Sign up for news, offers and free advice
Did you know?
PRE-TRADING EXPENSES: Certain pre-trading expenses can be deducted from your first year’s trading. For it to be allowable it must have been paid ‘wholly and exclusively for the purposes of the trade’.
- My Tweets