From 6 April 2020 the off-payroll working rules that have applied since 6 April 2017 where the end client is a public sector body are to be extended to large and medium private sector organisations who engage workers providing their services through an intermediary, such as a personal service company. There are tax and National…
This morning (Tuesday 9th July 2019), I decided to take a day trip from our sunny office in Bishop’s Stortford to The Hilton Garden Inn, Luton North in order to enhance my FreeAgent skills and functionality at the FreeAgent masterclass. When I arrived after my one hour fifteen minute journey, I was greeted by the…
Certain unincorporated small businesses may choose to use the ‘cash basis’ when calculating taxable income, under which participants are taxed on the basis of the cash that passes through their books, rather than being asked to undertake complex and time-consuming calculations designed for big businesses. Whilst easing the administrative burdens of preparing ‘traditional’ accounts, using…
- Annual investment allowance or writing down allowance?
- Mileage allowance payments – what is NIC-free?
- Relief for trading losses
- Should an LLP partner be treated as a salaried partner?
- Gift cards and the trivial benefits exemption
- Using your car in your property rental business
- Grounds and gardens for SDLT
- Joint tenants v tenants in common – Does it matter?
- Employer-funded scholarships
- Weighing up LLPs
Sign up for news, offers and free advice
Did you know?
Only travel short distances for business? Want to keep fit? Simply want to be more 'green'? Using a vehicle means you can claim 45p a mile which just about covers fuel for some larger vehicles. However, ride a bicycle and you can claim 20p per mile. Easily covering your costs!
- My Tweets