The tax rules on the deductibility of entertaining expenses are harsh and often misunderstood – the fact that the expenditure is incurred for businesses purposes does not make it deductible. Subject to certain limited exceptions, no deduction is allowed for business entertaining and gifts in calculating taxable profits. What counts as business entertainment? Business entertainment…
November 13, 2019 Gold Stag Accounts
- Relief for trading losses
- Should an LLP partner be treated as a salaried partner?
- Gift cards and the trivial benefits exemption
- Using your car in your property rental business
- Grounds and gardens for SDLT
- Joint tenants v tenants in common – Does it matter?
- Employer-funded scholarships
- Weighing up LLPs
- Tax relief on business-related loans
- Directors’ loans – Beware of ‘bed and breakfasting’
Sign up for news, offers and free advice
Did you know?
Company Director? You can claim £4 per week without the need of keeping receipts.
- My Tweets