In this article, we explain the tax aspects of using a works van If an employee is able to use a work’s van for private use, which generally includes home-to-work travel, there will be a taxable benefit and a subsequent tax charge. From 6 April 2019, the flat-rate van benefit charge has risen from £3,350…
Where a business receives an enquiry notification from HMRC, it does not always mean that something is wrong. Sometimes HMRC simply need some further information to ensure that a return is correct, for example, if the business recently received a lot of money, it would be reasonable for HMRC to ask where the funds came…
- What to do if you need to change your tax return
- Incidental overnight expenses
- Making the most of pension tax allowances
- Trivial benefit traps – Contractual obligations
- Reporting low emission vehicles – Changes from April 2020
- Properties not let at a commercial rent
- Freeagent Bronze Partner Status
- Allowable finance costs
- Legal and professional fees – Capital or revenue?
- Recording directors’ expenses correctly
Sign up for news, offers and free advice
Did you know?
PRE-TRADING EXPENSES: Certain pre-trading expenses can be deducted from your first year’s trading. For it to be allowable it must have been paid ‘wholly and exclusively for the purposes of the trade’.
- My Tweets