If you build your own house or convert an existing property into a home, you may be eligible to apply for a VAT refund on building materials and services. You do not need to be VAT registered to claim a refund. What qualifies? Refunds can be claimed in respect of building materials that are incorporated…
- Directors’ loans – Beware of ‘bed and breakfasting’
- Can we deduct entertaining expenses?
- Zero charge for zero emission cars
- How to calculate your payments on account
- Beware of triggering an IHT bill on Christmas gifts
- Buying a property to let – the importance of keeping records from day one
- Domestic reverse VAT charge for building and construction services
- Nominating your main residence
- Family member pension contributions
- Be aware of 60% tax rate risk on bonuses
Sign up for news, offers and free advice
Did you know?
If you have a joint savings account, you need to declare this income on your self assessment. ISA income is exempt.
- My Tweets