It can make sense financially for directors of personal and family companies to borrow money from the company rather than from a commercial lender. Depending on when in the financial year the loan is taken out, it is possible to borrow up to £10,000 for up to 21 months without any tax consequences. However, if…
HMRC produce a series of toolkits which set out common errors that they find in returns. The hope is that by being familiar with the mistakes that are routinely made, steps can be taken to avoid them. Although the toolkits are aimed primarily at agents, they are useful for anyone who has to complete a…
Breaking News!! We are now proud Tide partners!! As a Tide partner, we can offer you a FREE business current account in minutes, straight from your phone, saving you time and money. This offer is open to existing clients, new clients, and individuals. Sign up with Tide Follow the link to open your FREE Tide…
Why it’s important to keep proper records as a director HMRC commonly find errors in relation to directors’ loan accounts when making routine reviews of company tax returns. Here we look at the importance of maintaining proper records of cash and non-cash transactions between the company and the directors. Directors’ personal expenses A statutory rule…
- Landlords: Dealing with finance costs correctly
- Are you making the most of the Capital Gains exemption for married couples and civil partners in transferring assets?
- The high-income child benefit charge explained
- Have you overpaid an employee? Here’s what to do…
- Using company vans for tax-free home to work travel
- Utilising the 2019/20 dividend allowance
- Can my company buy me a new bicycle?
- Help employees beat the post-Christmas bulge
- Party time for small companies
- Annual investment allowance or writing down allowance?
Sign up for news, offers and free advice
Did you know?
Talk to us about optimum dividend and salaries for Company directors.
- My Tweets