It can make sense financially for directors of personal and family companies to borrow money from the company rather than from a commercial lender. Depending on when in the financial year the loan is taken out, it is possible to borrow up to £10,000 for up to 21 months without any tax consequences. However, if…
The tax rules on the deductibility of entertaining expenses are harsh and often misunderstood – the fact that the expenditure is incurred for businesses purposes does not make it deductible. Subject to certain limited exceptions, no deduction is allowed for business entertaining and gifts in calculating taxable profits. What counts as business entertainment? Business entertainment…
- Annual investment allowance or writing down allowance?
- Mileage allowance payments – what is NIC-free?
- Relief for trading losses
- Should an LLP partner be treated as a salaried partner?
- Gift cards and the trivial benefits exemption
- Using your car in your property rental business
- Grounds and gardens for SDLT
- Joint tenants v tenants in common – Does it matter?
- Employer-funded scholarships
- Weighing up LLPs
Sign up for news, offers and free advice
Did you know?
Ensure you take advantage of the AIA when buying plant, machinery or equipment. This gives you 100% relief on the purchase of assets (subject to limits). This scheme has the potential to save up to 50% of the investment in tax depending on your circumstances We can advise and make sure you are taking full advantage
- My Tweets