There are a number of tax concessions available to married couples and civil partners which recognise that their financial affairs may be interlinked. One of these concessions relates the transfer of assets between spouse and civil partner for capital gains tax purposes. The disposal is deemed to take place at a value which gives rise…
Are you making the most of the Capital Gains exemption for married couples and civil partners in transferring assets?
Businesses which are not using the cash basis can claim capital allowances for capital items that are used in the business, such as plant and machinery, tools and equipment, and so on. Where the annual investment allowance, which gives an immediate 100% deduction against profits is not claimed, either because the allowance has been used…
- What to do if you need to change your tax return
- Incidental overnight expenses
- Making the most of pension tax allowances
- Trivial benefit traps – Contractual obligations
- Reporting low emission vehicles – Changes from April 2020
- Properties not let at a commercial rent
- Freeagent Bronze Partner Status
- Allowable finance costs
- Legal and professional fees – Capital or revenue?
- Recording directors’ expenses correctly
Sign up for news, offers and free advice
Did you know?
You have 14 days to notify companies house if you resign as a director of a company.
- My Tweets