An economic operator registration and identification (EORI) number will be needed for UK businesses to be able to continue to trade with the EU after the UK leaves the EU. If there is a no-deal Brexit In the event that the UK leaves the EU without a deal, an EORI number that starts with GB…
HMRC’s Deputy Chief Executive, Jim Harra, has been sending letters to businesses that only export to the EU detailing the three actions businesses need to take in the event of a No Deal Brexit. Below is a copy of this letter, containing important links & advice. Dear customer, The United Kingdom will be leaving the…
On 6th December 2018, BBC Question Time came to Bishop’s Stortford. We did apply to be in the audience but unfortunately we didn’t make the cut. On the panel were Conservative secretary of state for housing, communities and local government James Brokenshire MP, Labour’s shadow attorney general and member of the House of Lords Shami Chakrabarti,…
- Tax relief on business-related loans
- Directors’ loans – Beware of ‘bed and breakfasting’
- Can we deduct entertaining expenses?
- Zero charge for zero emission cars
- How to calculate your payments on account
- Beware of triggering an IHT bill on Christmas gifts
- Buying a property to let – the importance of keeping records from day one
- Domestic reverse VAT charge for building and construction services
- Nominating your main residence
- Family member pension contributions
Sign up for news, offers and free advice
Did you know?
You have until 31st January 2020 to file your 2018/19 tax return if filed online. Paper returns are due by 31st October 2019. The tax year runs from 6th April - 5th April.
- My Tweets